Richard Waters Roberts, Jr., J.D.
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Rick focuses his practice on representing businesses in transactional and litigation matters, as well as individuals in estate planning, real estate, family law and litigation. He brings a passion for developing and implementing sophisticated, creative and effective solutions to help clients overcome challenging problems in a cost-effective manner. Rick is also a seasoned litigator, who regularly appears in state and federal courts on behalf of his clients.
Prior to moving to Idaho with his family and forming Roberts Law, Rick practiced complex commercial law and litigation in the Washington D.C. area for Reed Smith LLP, Gilbert Heintz & Randolph LLP, and Shaw Pittman LLP. Rick is also a former law clerk to Judge Consuelo Callahan of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Chief Judge Morrison England of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California and Judge Hilda Tagle of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Successfully represented a hotel company through trial in an insurance recovery action for $90 million in hurricane-related property damage.
- Counseled nonprofits’ board of directors regarding bylaws and articles of incorporation, as well as other governance issues.
- Represented a large auto leasing company in arbitration against its residual value insurer, resulting in nine-figure settlement.
- Successfully represented an investment bank in a trial against a large defense contractor in a breach of contract action.
- Represented a retail jewelry corporation in a breach of contract action against a computer software vendor resulting in significant award after a bench trial.
- Successfully represented an attorney in an action alleging breach of contract and other claims against his former employer, which resulted in a favorable settlement.
- George Mason University School of Law; JD, Cum Laude, 2001
- George Mason Law Review, Articles Editor
- Moot Court Board, Judges’ Committee
- University of Colorado at Denver, BA, Magna Cum Laude, 1997
- American Bar Association
- Idaho Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association